Forgot Yahoo Password: Having a Yahoo Account and some important message have arrived in the inbox; But unfortunately, you don’t know the password? What can be most annoying than forgetting the password of your Email account when you are in an urgent situation.
So what can be done for recovering the forgotten Yahoo password? The only option left for recovering your forgotten password is using the official Yahoo Home. There are some of the easy steps that we have to discuss in this article and also very effective that will help you recover yours forgot Yahoo Password.
How to recover my Forgot Yahoo Password
To know more about the recovery of the Password, you must follow the simple steps discussed below.
Recovering a password in the Yahoo account is a simple thing and are free to change. There are only a few steps that you have to follow and with this, you can easily get the old password of your Yahoo account.
Steps to recover Yahoo Password
Steps #1: Go to the Sign in of Yahoo account- To recover the old yahoo password, you must first go to the official Yahoo account sign in section. And after that, you have to click on the Sign-in Helper (Need Help?) in the Yahoo account which will redirect you to the next section for password recovery.
Steps #2: Click I don’t remember password- Now once you have entered the next section, you have click on the option ” I don’t remember password”. There is also an option for you to choose even if you have forgotten the Email ID. (But here we are concerned only about the recovery of password, not the Email)
Step #3: Enter your Yahoo Email ID- Now the next step is to add your valid email ID, which will lead you to the next step of recovery. Here in this step, you have to provide the valid Yahoo Email ID which you have used during the signup process i.e creating the Yahoo Account. This step is necessary as because they should confirm that you are a Yahoo account user.
Step #4: Click on options for password Recovery- In this section, you are going to get 3 options- Mobile phone number recovery, Alternative Email Address and final one Secret Questions. Of all the 3 option, a single option answered correctly can help you to give your old password. But if you fail to answer, try simultaneously for the next option that one of it is, of course, going to help you for recovery.
Recovery Using Phone Number
Recovering password using the phone number is the first process provided by Yahoo for making a quick recovery. There are following steps by which you can easily grab the Old password and create a new one.
- Go to the Sign-in Helper of your Yahoo account.
- Provide your valid email address or your phone number that you have used while creating the Yahoo account.
- In this section of recovery, you will see the last two numbers of your phone number. Now click Yes, text me a code button, Now Yahoo will send a verification code to your phone number.
- On receiving the code enter the verification code in the field provided to show on the screen.
- Now click on the Verify button, it might take few seconds to proceed.
- Now you will get access into the password reset section Click Continue to proceed.
Once all the process is done, you will move to the next section where you can retype a new password. This password will become a new Login password for your Yahoo account.
Recovery Using Email ID
If you don’t use the given phone number either, then now in this step you must provide the alternative email ID. This Email ID is that ID which you have used while creating the Yahoo Account. And once provided now, the alternative Email account will receive a code from Yahoo which is the recovery code for your Yahoo account.
- Enter your email address and click Yes, send me a code.
- Now soon you will receive an email to your alternate email address and the message will contain the code for recovery of password.
- Enter the verification code that you got via email and then click Verify.
- Now from the list of accounts, select and connected to the email address you provided.
- Click Continue.
Recovery using the Secrete Question
In this section of recovery, few secret question will be asked, according to what you have filled up while creating this Yahoo account. So here below are the following steps which will allow you to get the old password instantly.
Note: If you do not provide and answer the specific question, this recovery process will be useless.
And the steps are-
- While signing in the process, if you do not remember the password then select I have a problem with my password.
- Next steps come for you to enter your Yahoo ID and then click Next.
- You will be asked for entering the CAPTCHA code provided, as mandatory.
- In the next step, now select the option Use my secret questions and click Next.
- Now from the given question, answer correctly to recover your password. After entering the answer now click on Next to proceed.
- Finally, enter the new password which will be your new and permanent password to use for Yahoo account.
Precaution to be taken for successful recovery of password
The main precaution factor that one must follow is during sing up of a new account. The recovery process can only be successful if he or she provide the right information about yourself. If you create a fake ID, then of course once you forget the password you won’t be able to recover it.
Some precautions are-
- Use valid personal information- if you provide the wrong information like Name or phone number, the problem may face during recovery of password. As you won’t be able to use the phone number recovery if you give the false number and also if you don’t give the exact answer for the question, your password recovery will never be successful.
- Use strong Password- you must use a strong password but also simple one as you could remember it. Because using the tough name for a password is definitely very forgetful.
- Change Password randomly- Using your personal laptop, you usually enter the password in an automatic saving mode which means your browser is saving the password. And this usually led you to forget the password, to by keeping changing the password will be remembered for a longer time.
It is always recommended for you to change your password after an interval of time. If you keep on changing your password, you benefit not only from the security of your Account about also you can remember your password. And thus you won’t forget the password very easily. So here we will also discuss how to reset the password in your Yahoo account.
The process to Reset Password are-
- Once you have logged in, and enter your profile. Now you will find the section for Account security.
- Under this section, you can make all the changes regarding your password recovery. You can change your phone number, change passwords and also can change the Alternate Email address.
- Just click on the Password section for changing your password.
- This time, when you change the password, make sure you can remember easily.And thus set the easy but yet difficult for other to copy your password.
So this is the few information for the recovery of Forgot Yahoo Password. If you have a large number of Email service subscribed, then definitely you will forget some of them. So in order to prevent such forgetting of the password, you must carry a personal diary which will include all the details for your passwords. Hope this article is helpful for to get a new password for your Yahoo account.